Well, this week is going to be AWFUL, so I thought I'd post on my most relaxed day of the week.
This weekend, I went to Chicago with my friends Rebekah and Hope--it was pretty much the best thing ever. We stayed up late, laughed a lot, ate AMAZING Greek food (because we stayed with Hope's family, and they are very Greek), and, most importantly, we were away from school and thus all of our stress dissipated. It was just a really relaxing God-filled weekend. I guess we didn't really do anything specifically fun--it was just overall wonderful.
But, getting back to campus was a little tough. I mean, I loooooooooooooove it here so much, but I know how hard this week is going to be. I have to start working on a ten page paper for bio, work on a paper about the morality of war with a focus on the laws of war based on a movie entitled "The Fog of War" and with 10 supporting sources (oi!), and I have an exam in Biology and an exam in Philosophy. To top things off, I have to give a speech in about an hour.
Ohhhhh college.
But, if I've learned anything at CU, I've learned that if I buckle down and trust in God, He'll ultimately carry me through. Duh, I have to work on it, but He'll give me the strength to do so.
Finally, I read most of the Corinthians last night, and I'd encourage all of you to read them...they're really upsetting to me in some ways, because Paul is very opposing to a lot of the ideas that have been instilled in me (namely my feminism vs. his view of women not being able to speak out in churches), and it's really hard for me to analyze what's wrong and right. But I'm sure, after time has passed, I'll come to terms with it all. :c)
God is good.
Until Next Time!
No comments:
Post a Comment