So, it's Friday night on campus again. A friend from Wisconsin got here about an hour ago, and we're now sitting in the corum (the social "place to be") on campus, getting ready to watch a Sr. Guitar Recital. Aka a rock concert. It should be preeeeetty awesome. I love that right before the concert starts, they open in a word of prayer. That's the way things should be! :c)
Anyway, this week wasn't as bad as I thought it would be academically, but spiritually and emotionally it was very trying. I finished the 66-day challenge this evening--reading those last chapters of Revelation was much what I imagine running across a finish line for a marathon would feel like. It was really hard to stay reading 36 pages of my Bible every night--doesn't seem like that should be difficult, especially not for an English Major, but it was REALLY hard. Somehow, though, God brought my through.
I won't get into why this week was trying emotionally. It just was. Things happen, and God holds everything together in the end. Sometimes we just have to let Him guide us as we wander blindly through life. In fact, that's probably the way it should be...us being led blindly through everything.
This weekend I have a LOT of plans. Tomorrow I'm going to the mall with John and Tyler--we're going to people watch and just chill together. Then we'll come back to the high school and go see an art show in the library. After that I'll make dinner for them and my friend Lauren, and we'll go see a Midsummer Night's Dream. Then maybe we'll come back to my dorm and watch movies, or something. It should be a good time. :c)
Sunday will be a lot of "chill" time and homework, then around 9 will be Evensong (which is the all-music worship service on campus. I love it!!). Then classes start again--another week of exams, papers, and speeches. But hey, the week after that is only 2 days long, and then I'll be back in Indiana for Thanksgiving. THAT will be nice!!!! To top it off, after Thanksgiving, there will only be 3 more weeks of classes until I get home...and technically it will only be two more weeks, because that last week will be final exams. Awesome stuff!!!
Alright, that's about it for now!!
Until Next Time!!
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment