Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello!

Hello everyone!

Alright, to start out, this week has been a whirlwind so far! And it's only Tuesday! On Sunday I was in a community choir, which was fun, and yesterday and today have been filled with babysitting. The kids' grandma has been coming over with their cousins, so we really haven't had much "us" time, but hey, it's fun no matter what! I'm all packed, so I'm not really stressing about any of that...it's just a lot of anticipation at this point. And I'm avoiding a LOT of goodbyes.

As far as what is going through my head right now (this is for you, grandpa!), there are a LOT of things. For instance, I often find myself going through a checklist in my mind about what I need for school, making sure I have everything. For instance, who remembers to by powdered milk at the store for their cereal?? Certainly not an 18-year-old girl! I also find myself thinking almost constantly about what is going to be happening in Dodgeville next week. Then I remember I won't be here. This means that half the time my stomach is in absolute knots of nerves and excitement, and half the time I'm totally focused on the moment, and not thinking about leaving. I've found the latter to be the best choice. If I sit still for too long or if I don't have something to do, then I pretty much start having an emotional breakdown.

Now. This is not because I don't want to go to Cornerstone, it's because I don't know what to expect. I'm the kind of person who loves to know just what to expect. So, this is all very VERY intense for me. Plus, I've been with my parents for 18 years. No siblings, and for most of the time we either lived too far away for me to be gone a lot or we didn't know anyone. Thus, I'm having a breakdown.

On the upside, however, I finally managed to sleep 10 hours last night. The night before I didn't sleep more than 4 hours, and the nights before that it certainly wasn't much more than 4 hours. I just need my brain to stop for a little while.

However, I am VERY excited for college! My classes seem awesome, and I'm pretty excited about our five day camp. Hopefully I'll make some friends and I won't be too lonely at first.

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh hon, don't break down! It is stressful at first, but so far I'm adoring my time here! You'll have no problems having fun my dear and enjoying this opportunity that you've been blessed with. No worries dear. =)